An Actor's Journey from Oblivion to Fame!!

Friday, December 4, 2009

A List of people who believe in you

Last day or two I have been feeling like shit, have been feeling really low and loosing self confidence.
Yesterday spoke to my mother after a very long time for a very long time. It certainly helps. Its not for nothing that family is called the only institution you can always be sure of coming back to or relying.

Then out of nowhere at around 5:20 in the morning, a friend of mine gives me a call from New Delhi. We did our acting course together here in Mumbai, shortly after that he went back to Delhi. He was drunk and said that he felt like talking to all of his true friends and I was one of them. It was so heartwarming.

We spoke for about half an hour, and he told me to hang in there (without me telling me how I have been feeling), he told me how much he believed in me, and that one performance of mine which I did as part of our story telling project week, is still stuck with him and he knows that once I make it, I will go long way.

I don't think he has any idea how much that meant to me. How much confidence it restored in me. Because sometimes you need reassurance from outside when everyone has been rejecting you and you start doubting yourself.

I started thinking about all the people who have genuinely told me how much they believed in me, that they knew that I am definitely going to make it one day, that a person like me has to make it. And, I know that these people are not just saying it to make me feel better.

When so many people believe in you, there has got to be something special about you, there must be something which they can see, because sometimes you cannot see who you are, where you are, what you are. But people around you can see and know better.

So when so many genuine, true people have faith in me, in my abilities, then there must be something to it, I must not give up. Must try hard to prove them right. Must try hard to make them proud of me.

I am going to make a list of all the people who have believed in me and I know they still do, even if I am not in touch with them regularly.

And by the grace of God, I one day will thank them officially!

If anyone chances upon this post, and if you ever develop self-doubt, DO remember everyone who believes in you. Make a list of all those people's names and read it often.

No comments:

Post a Comment