An Actor's Journey from Oblivion to Fame!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A nice post about making it as an actor


I just read this post about making it as an actor, and how the life of an average actor is (well not completely, as she made it as an actor. I don’t know if an average actor makes it, sadly)

Unfortunately, there are so many things she writes in her blog that I have done completely opposite of.

Firstly and my biggest error, I said no to not one but two assignments.
First was a play, in english, they needed an actor just about 4-5 days before their show, I said not because I am not that confident about my English and also because the character needed to dance in 2 (of 4) scenes and am not that confident about my dancing abilities too!
I mean I can do it, if given enough time. But I thought there was not enough time.
Second mistake, again was saying no to another project, a TV series this time. It was a 5 day work in a small city called Baroda. My reason to not do this was very very stupid.
I was in a very bad mood that day…nothing was going my way, I was feeling like a failure in life.
When I met the casting guy, he offered me the part. He had earlier taken my audition for one of the lead roles and then he offers me this 5 day role. I said no!! Which now I really regret.
I could have done with some money.
I was in a foul mood because lately most of the TV commercial auditions I have been going to have been rejecting me saying that I don’t fit the ‘Bill’ !! when I can see a lot of people who I think look like me, fitting the bill.
But now I think it could be my hair, I am growing my hair, trying to get the long hair look. So I guess am in that stage where the hair look really awful, also I cannot afford to go to a posh salon to get a nice hair cut. Maybe I should cut my hair short. It’s very less maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment