An Actor's Journey from Oblivion to Fame!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Not a bad day


Well, not a bad day for sure. Gave two auditions, one for a TV series and another for a TV commercial. I think both went well. Mainly because I had practiced a bit in front of the camera before leaving for auditions (I think am quite low on self confidence, I think I look pretty good on camera, but am self conscious of my smile, and hence if I have not seen myself on camera and re-assured myself that I look good, I remain quite conscious throughout the day, stupid I know, but that’s how it is.)
Also, I think one of the main reasons of the auditions having gone well was that I went early to both auditions, in fact I was the first one there, and hence the LONG wait for your turn did not end up sapping my energy and feeling like just getting done with it. So I was fresh and actually more spontaneous.
The third TV comm audition I went to, there was so much crowd and after waiting for 30-40 minutes I left (as they are auditioning tomorrow too) because I could feel the wait and just standing around sapping my creative energy.
What sucks mostly is that girls don’t have to wait around, the guys taking audition just let the girls inside the studio (yeah, the guys have to wait outside, most of the times standing, for anywhere between 30 mins to 2 hours or so), and girls just go in, give the audition and leave. I don’t see any girl standing up for equality of sexes that time!!
Went to the gym @ 1030pm, Just came about at around 12. Had a nice workout, Chest & Biceps.
Today I resumed reading ‘How to win friends and Influence People’ am reading it on wattpad (http://www.wattpad.com). It’s a nice book, actually contains advice which looks common sense, but we usually forget applying it in our day to day life.
Things like:
  1. Don’t criticize, condemn or complain to/about people.
  2. Always try to appreciate people and what they do as much as possible, but give honest and sincere appreciation.
  3. If you want someone to do something for you, arouse in him/her an eager want to do it for you, there are several ways to achieve that.
  4. Become genuinely interested in other people, their lives, what they do, what they think about things etc. Make it about them.
  5. SMILE!! (I seriously need to adopt this, I don’t smile very often and hence come across as someone with loads of attitude or proud).
  6. Always call a person by his/her name. Try to remember name of everyone you come in contact with. Believe me, it REALLY makes a difference, and in fact, the other person will remember you, just because you did something which he/she doesn’t get very often from people.
  7. In a conversation, Listen more. Remember, 2 ears, 1 mouth, to be used in that ratio ;-) in fact mouth to be used much less!
  8. Talk in terms of the other person’s interest (I think a rephrase of no: 3)
  9. Make the other person feel important (but being sincere about it). I think if you do all of the above, no:9 is taken care of.
  10. The only way to get the best of an argumentis to avoid it. Or, as I say, never argue, always discuss, in discussions we keep an open mind and are not dogmatic.
  11. Show respect for other person’s opinion, never say you are wrong. Well, again, if you follow prev point, this will take care of itself. Believe me, by keeping an open mind, apart from other person respecting you, it will lead to your own growth.
  12. If you are wrong, admit it. (again, follow prev two points, this will take care of itself.)
  13. Get the other person saying yes. (by asking questions you know they won’t say no to.)
  14. Try to see things from other person’s point of view.
  15. Dramatize your ideas. Be creative in describing them :-) (doesn’t mean be dishonest)


Time to sign off now. Already 1 AM. Gotta try getting up by 5 or 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment