An Actor's Journey from Oblivion to Fame!!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another day in a promised paradise

I'd read on one of the acting blogs that an actor goes through so much rejection, blows to the ego, so many downs and disappointments, that it is an unbearable life. So one should have something exciting, something happy going on in one's life. Something which is not dependent on getting that acting job. As it is not in one's hand.

Something that you can look forward to, something to be happy about, after that not so good audition, after being returned from another audition as you did not look the part. Something to come home to, or rather, something to leave the audition studio for, the light at the end of the dark day when nothing else makes you go upbeat.

Well, today was not such a day, but as of now, this blog is proving to be such an entity in my life. After the last audition (third one!) of the day was done. I could not wait to come back and write something down. It could be that right now this is the shiny new toy in my hand. But I hope that does not turn out to be the case.

Well, since I started so early it was good to be the first person in 2 of the 3 auditions and getting done with it in a matter of minutes while at other times it used to take at least 2 hours!!

In all I gave 4 auditions today, and I think 2 of those went well. The ones that went well were a TV commercial for Colgate and another for some cold medicine I think or could be for Samsung, am not sure :-)

For this blog, I have decided that I will try to post two entries each day. One, a daily log of my activities towards my goal of becoming a full time paid actor. This will mostly be for my benefit.

And, the other, could be anything, I'd try to make it something of value to any reader of my blog, that I might eventually get.

Tomorrow, have to meet a guy for a small role in a movie. And, another ad audition. Let's see, how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment