An Actor's Journey from Oblivion to Fame!!

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I signed up for this

That's how I guess 80% of an actor's days go, well, until they make it. I had 3 auditions today, could go for only 2. One of them was a look test for Mahabharat TV series (that's when they make you wear complete costume with proper makeup and then take your audition) and the other was for a cameo in a movie.

The cameo could have gone much better. And the look test was not at all good. So down the drain the day goes.

I need to have more camera practice. Need to hone my skills more.

Let's see what went wrong in each audition:

1. Movie Audition

It was an audition for Kumar Mangat's Movie under Big Screen productions:

The guy taking the audition began with taking my still pictures.
* am not good at posing and not good at being comfortable in front of the still camera.

In the actual audition:
* I was rushing through lines,
* The character was supposed to have lots of 'Rich Brat' Attitude.
* My gaze was changing while I was looking at the camera (pretending to talk to a character)

2. Mahabharat TV series audition:

I reached there by 4 and my look test started at around 6:30, 7. I had not eaten much through out the day and was already feeling tired and low on energy.

* Keep some handy snacks in your bag (nutri bar or something like it), and if possible, don't enter empty stomach or thirsty to an audition studio.
* I was again rushing through lines.
Although this time it was intentional, because the scene was supposed to be an angry scene and I thought it went well with the flow of the scene. But since it was a period epic, I should have been slower.
* Gestured too much with my head.
* Wasn't able to portray my anger very well. It did not come across as much as it should have.


An actor's job is not just to feel something, but more importantly to communicate it.

--> Assignment for tomorrow: Start working on the asterisked points.

No comments:

Post a Comment